NHL TRADE DEADLINE DONE DEALS

MARCH 1/10 - (Fla) trades Jordon Leopold to (Pit) for a 2nd Round Pick

MARCH 1/10 - (STL) trades G Hannu Toivonen and D Danny Richmond to (Chi) for G Joe Fallon

MARCH 1/10 - (Edm) trades D Denis Grebeshkov to (Nash) for a 2nd Round Pick

MARCH 1/10 - (Atl) acquires F Evgeny Artyukhin from (Ana) in exchange for D Nathan Oystrick and a conditional pick in 2011

MARCH 2/10 - (Ott) acquires D Andy Sutton from (NYI) in exchange for a (SJ) 2nd round pick

MARCH 2/10 - (Chi) acquires D Nick Boynton from (Ana) for future considerations.

MARCH 2/10 - (Pit) acquires Alex Ponikarovsky from (Tor) for Luca Caputi and Martin Skoula.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Today's Musings - Trades/Rumors/News

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

Today was a interesting day. Here is what went on.

TRADE: Lethonen for Ivan Vishnevskiy and a 4th round draft pick. Waiting to see if it's true. (via @ajcthrashers) With this tweet, Eklund's Sources was the first to report it in full. Others were close, but we had the 4th round pick added to the deal before anyone else. Search the hashtag #Thrashers if you don't believe me.

- Getzlaf went and had an MRI done on his ankle. Speculation was running wild and I received some info stating that Steven Stamkos, Jeff Carter and Brad Richards are the 3 guys that are the "black aces" for Team Canada. I am told that Jeff Carter is the leading "black ace".  But from what I heard, Getzlaf may just be OK after all. Stay tuned "black aces".

- Jay Bouwmeester to the Penguins really has some legs. My guy in Pittsburgh says that they want a solid puck moving defenseman. JayBo fits that bill. I have also heard that if the Pens can't get JayBo, they will try and cut a deal for the Edmonton Oilers, Lubomir Visnovsky.

- I received this tip but I am not quite buying it. It sounds far fetched. I have been told the Pens are talking Mark Eaton, Ruslan Fedotenko and a 2nd rd pick for Flames Jay Bouwmeester. But Pens need more cap space.

- Then I was told the Calgary Flames would only want to part with Cory Sarich and that JayBo was not for sale.

- I have heard that Tuomo Ruutu from the Carolina Hurricanes is on the block. Not sure yet who wants him.

- From what I know, the Vancouver Canucks want another 2nd line forward and a 2nd pairing defenseman. Who are they looking at? I don't know.

- The more I hear Temmu Selanne's name... the more he's becoming a hot commodity. Saku Koivu, not so much. The Caps, Pens, Devils and the Sens all have interest in Selanne.

- I was also informed today that Kyle Turris wants to be traded. He's tired of wasting away in the AHL when he could be earning an NHL pay cheque on another team.

RANDOMS: Steve Ott to the Oilers, Carlo Colaiacovo to the Lightning, Flyers or Thrashers.


- STUPID RUMOR OF THE DAY: I was told this and almost peed in my pants from laughter. Steven Stamkos to the New York Islanders for a 1st round pick AND John Tavares. This will never happen in a million years.

0 comments:

Post a Comment